Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Freedom Letters Team

Arlyne VanHook
Arlyne is a professional lifestyle photographer based in Cleveland, TN. Arlyne was raised in the San Francisco Bay Area where she was a very accomplished student in the arts. Arlyne attended Lee University on a scholarship to sing with the world renowned Voice of Lee and graduated in '98 with a BA in Public Relations and Advertising. Upon graduation, Arlyne has continued to develop as an inspired artist, expressing herself in a variety of outlets professionally. In addition to her full time work as a professional photographer, Arlyne also teaches ballet at Cleveland City Ballet and assists at leading worship at Ooltewah United Methodist Church. Arlyne is married to her high school sweetheart and is the proud mother of 2 wonderful children. You can check out some of her photography on her blog...http://arlynevanhook.com/blog/

Amy Tippens
I'm a dreamer, a positive thinker. Taking risks comes easy for me and I thrive on change with a little organized chaos mixed in. :) I married my high school sweetheart and we have 2 amazing biological sons and 1 beautiful baby girl waiting on us in Ethiopia. My journey hasn't been easy, but God has fully redeemed and changed me from the inside out. He has set me free from things that at one time held me captive. My passion is whatever the Lord puts in my path, including world missions, orphan awareness, and women's ministry.There are always dishes in my sink, laundry in the dryer, and toys scattered from one side of the house to the other. In other words, I am just a regular Mama trying to seek whatever it may be He has called me to do. I find joy and inspiration through vintage finds, bohemian style, cottage charm, and soft serve ice cream. Hearing others' stories of how Christ has delicately, intricately written their story is something that gives me a natural high in this crazy world we live in. I want to be real, speak out, and stand firm, in whatever way God may have me, to show His love, His mercy, and His grace to those who choose to follow Him. 
Amy's blog, www.pureoffaith.blogspot.com, is where she speaks what is on her heart and shares about her family and adoption journey. Stop by and say hi!


Lara Shumaker
Being born and raised in Cleveland, Tennessee is something that is a big part of me.  My parents still live in the same house I came home to from the hospital.  I am the youngest child and the only girl in the family with four older brothers. That kind of dynamic provided some chaotic, but definitely fun, memories growing up. I adore my family and am so thankful for the experiences I learned in a house full of boys. When the time was right, God chose the absolute perfect man for me to spend the rest of my life with. Together, Al and I struggled with having a family of our own.  After a long and difficult battle, God graciously gave us Kate, our miracle. Besides spending time with my family, one of my favorite things to do is find beautiful flowers in springtime and fill pots around our home. I love to cook, yet rarely follow recipes. I have a deep desire to be organized, but in reality it seems to be wasted energy. At the end of each day, I’m just a girl, with lots of imperfections, desperately seeking the face of the One that chose ME.  I am constantly blown away by His grace and love for me.  Although my relationship with Him has not always been my focus, He is patient and He is faithful and He has been right there the whole time. 

Sarah Cantrell

I grew up under the sparkle of the big city life (Houston, Texas) and always imagined I would be the girl who was going to be a CEO of a company and run for political office. Motherhood and Marriage were honestly not my focus. God had other plans. He began to write my story in a little town called Cleveland, TN where I would earn my BA in Communications at Lee University and fall madly, deeply in love with a real live farm boy. This man stole my heart and with him came life in a small town and four beautiful babies, two on this side of heaven and two on the other. My journey to an authentic growing relationship with Jesus really began last year after the tragic loss of my stillborn twin boys. I had always loved God and desired Him. But now I  desperately needed Him to pull me out of the pit and breathe life into my bones. He did it and is doing it and I am hear to tell the world that He is no respecter of persons and if He would deliver me into glorious  freedom during suffering, then He will do it for you. There is no way to live this life except living on His MERCY SEAT.
I have an immense desire to make His name renown to the furthest corners of the earth, I am just totally in love with every race and every nation. In my spare time (lol...if you're a mama with toddlers) I love to travel, plan parties and make memories. Its a total joy of mine to make women feel loved and adored. Women are notorious for not being "for" each other. I pray that this great town and towns across the globe will make a mark in absolutely tearing down the walls that separate us from authentic friendships that bring life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment